Thursday, September 18, 2014

Intro!

Hi everyone! My names Nicole Cronin and I am in my last semester at Salem State. When I graduate I plan to travel around before heading off to graduate school. I am a psychology major and plan to focus specifically on child psychology. My whole life I have been around children, from my moms in home daycare, to volunteering and babysitting.  I was even lucky enough to work with children  while studying about this summer! When trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life, there were two thing that I knew for sure, I wanted to help people and that nothing puts a smile on face the way children do. Knowing these two things made it easy for me to find child psychology. Although I am not an elementary education major I think that learning about education is extremely helpful. Whenever we are around children we are constantly teaching them. I think that knowing about education can definitely help me with child psychology. I have recently started an internship at Horizons for Homeless Children. I look forward to seeing how learning about education helps me with children in both my internship and psychology.


Here's a photo of me and my mom. I can definitely thank her for my love for children!

Understanding Prejudice
Here's a website that I found about teaching children about prejudice. It lists different activities to use to help children look at the world more openly. I thought this website was really helpful, especially after watching Lottery of Birth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment